Friday, January 31, 2014

61. Twins (1988)

January 31, 2014

After watching Kindergarten Cop the other day, my wife and I were in the mood to watch another old Schwarzenegger movie. I hadn't seen Twins since I was a little kid, and it was a little different than I remembered it, but I think I liked it better as a kid. One thing I did notice, that I thought was pretty hilarious, was that Twins had a disproportionate number of extras staring straight at the camera. Next time you watch it, keep an eye on the background for that. Arnold stars as Julian, a brilliant, strong, rich, and all around nice guy who lives on a private island. Danny DeVito also stars as Vincent, Julian's twin brother, who is not very smart, not very strong, and owes a lot of bad people a lot of money. The two were a genetic experiment involving a woman and six different men all specifically picked for their genetic traits. Julian was first born, and he turned out perfect. Vincent, on the other hand was a mistake. Vincent never knew of his brother, but Julian did know about Vincent, and he travelled a long distance to meet him and find his mother and fathers. Over a somewhat difficult journey, they eventually track down the mother and a few of the fathers, but the two brothers develop a bond stronger than they would have imagined. It was kind of a cute movie, good for some laughs, but not as good as Kindergarten Cop or some of his other movies. Hopefully they never make the sequel, Triplets, that has supposedly been in the works for years, where they find their third brother, Eddie Murphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment