Thursday, January 30, 2014

49. Fargo (1996)

January 25, 2014

Like a lot of people I know, I've always been hit or miss with the Coen brothers. I loved O Brother Where Art Thou, but I hated Burn After Reading. Fargo fell pretty close to the first category. I wouldn't say I loved it, but I thought it was really good. William H. Macy stars as a car salesman who hires a couple thugs (Steve Buscemi and Peter Stormare) to kidnap his wife so his father-in-law will put up a ransom that he will then collect half of. The kidnapping gets botched and results in several murders along the way. A pregnant cop (Frances McDormand) in the small town where three of the murders took place investigates the murders and follows a trail that leads her to all of the guilty parties involved. The movie is known for the northern accents the actors had to use, which were pretty funny albeit a little distracting at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment