Tuesday, January 28, 2014

22. Berberian Sound Studio (2012)

January 11, 2014

Berberian Sound Studio was another recommendation from my older brother, so I was excited to see it. Unfortunately, I just really didn't get it. It was definitely surreal, which can be great, and it seemed like it was so close to being awesome, it just didn't make very much sense. It started with a seemingly well-known audio engineer for movies (Toby Jones) going to an Italian sound studio to record the sound effects for an upcoming horror film even though horror was not his forte. Then it slowly unravels and turns into a sort of movie within a movie, where the guy is making the sound effects for a real life horror film that he doesn't know he is actually in. At least I think that is what happened. I guess it was supposed to be some kind of avante-garde 'life imitating art' movie, but I thought it was a bit of a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment