Thursday, January 30, 2014

41. Despicable Me 2 (2012)

January 20, 2014

One of the things about babysitting for a friend is I end up seeing kids movies that I normally wouldn't see. Such is the case for Despicable Me 2. I can't remember why I watched the first one, but I remember I did think it was kind of a fun movie, which is why I wasn't opposed to watching the sequel (if I'm being honest, the movie was chosen by a 3 year old so whether I wanted to watch it or not I didn't have much choice in the matter). As is usually the case with sequels, it didn't match the first one by any means, but it wasn't without its charm, and I'm glad I got to see it. Gru, the villain-turned-good-guy-dad from the first film, is continuing life as a good guy and gets chosen by the Anti-Villain League to track down a new bad guy and bring him to justice. In the meantime, Gru's oldest adopted daughter falls in love and Gru does his best to stop it. Through some clever detective work, Gru solves the case and happens to fall in love with his new partner. It was cute, and probably a lot more entertaining when watched with a little kid who really enjoyed it (ok, if I'm being honest again, the kid went to bed about 30 minutes into the movie and my wife and I watched the rest of it on our own).

No comments:

Post a Comment