Sunday, February 2, 2014

63. Reform School Girls (1986)

February 1, 2014

I've wanted to see Reform School Girls since I was a little kid and I saw the poster hanging on Corey Haim's wall in The Lost Boys. While I'm glad I finally got to see it, it wasn't really anything special. Mostly it was just a women in prison movie updated for the 80s. Some young girls get in trouble and get sent to a reform school for girls, where they are constantly harassed by a gang of tough girls led by Wendy O. Williams, an evil warden (Sybil Danning aka Stirba from The Howling II), and the warden's psychotic henchwoman Edna (who looked a bit like Divine). There was a fair amount of nudity, and some pretty funny over-the-top moments, but overall it was just an OK movie. The bad people get theirs in the end, so it was at least satisfying in that respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment