Friday, February 21, 2014

117. Terror in Beverly Hills (1989)

February 21, 2014

Against all reason and good judgment, I've seen Terror in Beverly Hills three times now. It is one of the worst movies ever made. Despite being made in 1989, it looks like it was made many years prior, and still not made well. In the first twenty minutes or so, absolutely nothing happens. We're painfully subjected to people walking, people getting on an airplane, flying, then getting off the airplane, people getting into a car, driving, then getting out of the car. Seriously, nothing happens, and that could've been suggested in one minute rather than 20. Soon we are introduced to our hero, Sylvester Stallone's brother, Frank Stallone. He is a martial arts fighter with a sad story about his friend who was killed. When some terrorists (the guys we saw earlier walking, flying, and driving) kidnap the president's daughter and hold her for ransom, the cops do a pretty poor job of controlling the situation, until Stallone shows up and saves the day. I really can't emphasize how horrible the movie is. The music is atrocious, the acting is worse, and the story is pretty much non-existent. If you're wondering why I've watched it three times, I can only imagine it is because I'm either stupid or sadistic. Actually, it was suggested by a friend who hadn't seen it but heard about how bad it was and wanted to see it. I picked it up for that reason and watched it once on my own, then a friend wanted to see it so I watched it with him, then I watched it this time with the friend who initially wanted to see it. I'm putting my foot down here, though. I can't watch this movie again.

No comments:

Post a Comment