Sunday, February 23, 2014

123. Paper Mask (1990)

February 23, 2014

I only recently became aware of Paper Mask when Scorpion announced they were releasing it on DVD. As soon as I found out who was in it, I knew I had to see it. It stars Paul McGann (Withnail & I) as an intern in a hospital who yearns for more adventure in his life. When a young doctor who looks similar to him dies in a car crash, McGann takes over his identity and takes a job as a doctor at a different hospital. Amanda Donohoe (Lair of the White Worm) stars as a nurse who helps him out around the hospital. The two fall in love and although she eventually finds out his secret, she continues to help him. This movie came out years before Catch Me If You Can did and it was a pretty decent movie about a guy who dreamed of being more than he was and decided to take things into his own hands to achieve his goals. Unlike Catch Me If You Can, however, McGann was a lot less likable of a person than Leonardo DiCaprio was. I recommend this to anyone interested in a somewhat dark but enjoyable crime thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment