Saturday, November 15, 2014

418. The 'Burbs (1989)

November 15, 2014

No matter how many times I watch 'The 'Burbs', it never fails to make me laugh harder than any other movie can. This is easily one of my favorite movies of all time. I was fortunate enough to get the chance to show it to a friend of mine who had never seen it before tonight, and that was fun. If you're unfamiliar, Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, and Rick Ducommun are three regular guys who live in a regular neighborhood in the suburbs and feel the safety and security of their neighborhood threatened when a new and bizarre family, The Klopeks, move in next door, which simultaneously corresponds with the disappearance of the old man at the end of the street. The guys create a plot to uncover the sinister truth of what happened to the old man and break into the Klopeks' home when they're away, but with catastrophic consequences. I absolutely love this movie and recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment