Tuesday, November 11, 2014

412. Madman (1982)

November 11, 2014

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I'm probably in a small minority of people who believe there aren't enough 80's slasher films that take place at camp. Of all the ones that are out there, though, 'Madman' is one of my favorites. At a campfire, the head counselor tells a scary story about the legend of a local lunatic named Madman Marz who hacked up his family with an axe and then escaped his own hanging and now kills anyone he finds walking in his woods who dares to speak his name above a whisper. One of the teens at the campfire called out to Marz to prove he wasn't scared, which began a night of terror for the camp counselors who started getting picked off one by one. I think this movie is fantastic, and if you're a fan of 80's slasher movies, you probably will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment