Saturday, November 15, 2014

417. Alice Goodbody (aka Gosh) (1974)

November 15, 2014

I honestly liked this movie a lot more than I thought I would. A naive, young waitress, Alice Goodbody, gets discovered by the production manager of a musical about Julius Caesar, and offered a small part in the film. Goodbody proves to be extremely accident prone though, and as soon as filming starts, she immediately gets injured. Once she recovers, the production manager tells her he actually got her a better part but she has to sleep with one of the higher ups to make it happen. She does it and then goes back to set and gets injured again. The same scenario happens two or three more times but strangely never feels redundant or boring. It was a fun, lighthearted comedy with a fair share of sex thrown in (it was the 70's, after all). I must've just been in the right mood for it, because I really enjoyed it. I couldn't find a trailer online, so here is a short clip from YouTube:

No comments:

Post a Comment