Wednesday, December 31, 2014

505. Starry Eyes (2014)

December 31, 2014

I went into this movie without the slightest idea of what it was even about. The only thing I had to go on was my friend Patrick's request to watch it (he hadn't seen it yet either). I have to say, for the last movie I watched this year, 'Starry Eyes' may be one of my favorites. It had an amazing score, some fantastic and disgusting special effects, and the lead actress was very good. It was especially disturbing and quite depressing, but all in a good way. The film was about a young girl who desperately wanted to be an actress. After several rejections, she found an ad online for the lead role in a film called 'The Silver Scream'. She tried out for the role and did OK, but the film-makers were more impressed with the fit she had after she left, and decided to give her another chance. The girl quit her job at Big Taters for the role, but when they pretty much told her she had to sleep with the producer to get the part she freaked out and went back to her job and her friends. One of her friends gave her some drugs to loosen up, which seemed to change her perception of things and she made up her mind to go back to the producer and do what she had to to get the part. The implication of rape was definite, but what they actually did to her was never shown, and afterwards she started suffering from severe delusions as well as physical changes that had her pulling out chunks of hair and spitting up worms and blood. I can't go any more into the story without spoiling things I don't want to spoil, but I definitely think people should check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment