Thursday, December 25, 2014

491. The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

December 25, 2014

'The Muppet Christmas Carol' is a classic. It is easily my favorite Muppet movie and it is actually probably my favorite Michael Caine movie. It is the classic Charles Dickens story of A Christmas Carol only with muppets. Caine plays Scrooge, and he is visited by three ghosts (Christmas past, present, and future) and he learns the error of his ways. I could probably watch this movie any day of the year. A few posts ago ('Scrooged'), I mentioned how Scrooge only seems to change after seeing himself dead, but that isn't the case in this movie. I felt like Caine's Scrooge was a considerably nasty individual who honestly did start to change when he was shown how nasty and cold he really was. He also had a soft spot for Tiny Tim (Kermit & Miss Piggy's son) who had a bad leg and some debilitating sickness that, if left unchecked, would be the death of him. Anyway, I highly recommend 'The Muppet Christmas Carol'.

No comments:

Post a Comment