Monday, December 29, 2014

500. Gold of the Amazon Women (1979)

December 29, 2014

I have to admit I was expecting something a little bit more risque when I put this on. If I would have been paying more attention I would have realized 'Gold of the Amazon Women' was a made-for-TV movie. I actually really liked it though. Bo Svenson stars as Tom, an explorer who believes there is nothing left to explore until a strange old man gives him a treasure map with the location of the seven golden cities of El Dorado. He travels to the Amazon with the novice but eager first-time traveler, Luis, while being chased and shot at by a guy named Blasko (Donald Pleasance). They encounter native tribes and an army of Amazon women led by Queen Na-Eela (Anita Ekberg). The Amazon women use men for repopulating and the rest of the time keep them locked up in a cage until Tom and Luis show them that not all men are bad. They also find one of the lost cities and kill a bunch of people who live there and take a bunch of gold. This movie wasn't that bad, really. It had some silly moments, but overall it was worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment