Thursday, December 25, 2014

490. The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)

December 25, 2014

This was the second time I've watched Wes Anderson's 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' and I have to admit I was much less interested in it this time around. The first time I found it very entertaining, but this time it just seemed kind of boring. It tells the story of a hotel concierge named Gustave H (Ralph Fiennes) and his lobby boy as they attempt to retrieve a painting that was left to Gustave H after the passing of an old woman. The woman's son (Adrien Brody) is an awful person who, along with his evil henchman (Willem Dafoe), would stop at nothing to get that painting back. I think I might not have been in the right mood to watch this movie and anytime you watch a Wes Anderson movie, it is pretty imperative that you be in the right mood for it. I'll probably watch it again sometime and hopefully enjoy it more then.

No comments:

Post a Comment