Tuesday, April 1, 2014

162. Smokin' Aces (2006)

April 1, 2014

Going in to this movie, I had no expectations and no idea as to what it was even about. I'm really glad I didn't, because it turned out to be a pretty awesome movie. Some mobsters put a million dollar hit out on a big-shot Vegas magician who was cutting in on their business, which brought the craziest and the best assassins out of the woodworks. The cops were aware of the situation, and tried to stay on top of things, but with as many assassins as there were coming, they didn't really stand a chance to control the situation. With a pretty good cast and a fantastic blood-drenched finale reminiscent of True Romance, I highly recommend Smokin' Aces. I've heard there is a sequel too, which I'll probably see someday but I'm hesitant to because it won't have the same element of surprise, and I'm pretty sure it went straight to video which is usually not a good sign for an action flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment