Monday, March 24, 2014

154. How to Get Ahead in Advertising (1989)

March 24, 2014

How To Get Ahead In Advertising is one of my favorite movies of all time. I strongly recommend it to everyone. It is pretty strange, but I guess that is what makes it so great. Starring Richard E. Grant (who happens to be one of my favorite actors), and directed by Bruce Robinson (Withnail & I), How to Get Ahead in Advertising is about Dennis Bagley (Grant), an advertising executive who is absolutely brilliant at what he does. He panics, however, when he is tasked with coming up with an advertisement for a pimple cream. He gets so worked up about it that he starts growing a boil on his own neck. That is as much as I'm going to go into the plot here, because I really want more people to watch the movie and see just how great it is. You have to give it your full attention though, because it takes a few minutes to really get moving, and the pacing is definitely nothing like the average film, but it is totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment