Monday, March 10, 2014

141. Lightning Jack (1994)

March 8, 2014

I've always liked Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee), and I think Cuba Gooding, Jr. is better than most of the roles he gets, so it is no surprise that I really enjoy the movie Lightning Jack. I first saw it when I was a kid, but I really couldn't remember most of what happened in it. Hogan starred as Lightning Jack, a lightning fast, gun-slinging outlaw, who just wanted to be infamous, on the run after his partners were killed when a bank robbery went bad. Gooding also starred as Ben Doyle, a mute young man who wanted more out of life than being looked down on by everyone around him. When Jack robbed a bank and took Doyle hostage, Doyle took it as an opportunity to join Jack's gang. He proved himself worthy by saving Jack's life several times, so Jack took him under his wing. Unable to handle the stress of robbing banks, Doyle botched a few jobs, and Jack landed in jail. Doyle eventually got him out, and then they set out to do the perfect crime. It really is a fun movie, with a lot of silly humor. I definitely recommend it for an enjoyable, light-hearted movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment