Sunday, July 27, 2014

319. All Cheerleaders Die (2013)

July 27, 2014

My introduction to 'All Cheerleaders Die' was a friend of mine telling me he didn't like it. That actually helps, to be honest, to lower my expectations (even if I didn't have any to begin with) before I watch something. I almost didn't watch it due to that one negative review, but I'm a fan of Lucky McKee and ModernCine, so I gave it a shot and found it pretty entertaining. It seemed a bit like a ripoff of 'Jennifer's Body' mixed with 'The Craft', but it actually is a remake of a film McKee and Chris Sivertson made in 2001, long before 'Jennifer's Body'. There were a few parts that were annoying, like the jock guys and their uninspired reactions to finding their friends murdered and the main girl making a movie at the beginning that has almost no bearing on the plot except for one bit that could have been approached better, but overall it was a fun movie and one I'd recommend watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment