Thursday, July 3, 2014

291. Dirty Dancing (1987)

July 3, 2014

I made the mistake of admitting to my wife that I hadn't seen any of the 80's dancing movies. She decided that I needed to and that the first one we had to watch was 'Dirty Dancing'. I would not say I had the time of my life (sorry) but I had a pretty good time watching it. Patrick Swayze was awesome. For people like me who hadn't seen it, it is about some dance instructors at an expensive country club who practice more modern, hip styles of dance by night when all the old rich snobs are asleep. When one of the best dancers gets knocked up before a big dance, it's up to Swayze to teach Jerry Orbach's daughter, Baby, to learn how to dance, teach those crusty old rich folks that the young folks need to dance, and save the day. I guess it was entertaining enough to watch it once, but I don't understand why anyone would call it a classic. Maybe if I had seen it as a kid it would have meant more. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment