Wednesday, June 11, 2014

267. Buddha's Palm (1982)

June 11, 2014

I saw 'Buddha's Palm' under the false pretense that I was going to see a "mystery blaxploitation film" that, according to the description on the Alamo Drafthouse's website, was 'Emma Mae' aka 'Black Sister's Revenge'. Obviously the Alamo Drafthouse decided to show a different movie, and I never asked why. While I was excited to see 'Black Sister's Revenge', I can't say I'm too disappointed. 'Buddha's Palm' was classic Shaw Brothers entertainment. It didn't always make sense, but that didn't matter. Like most of the Shaw Brothers films, there was a lot of magic and fighting with impeccable choreography and bizarre effects. It is definitely worth watching if you like those kinds of movies. I do have to say I really love my wife. I'm a lucky man to be married to someone who would go to a "mystery blaxploitation film" with me and sit through an insane kung-fu movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment