Tuesday, October 28, 2014

388. V/H/S Viral (2014)

October 28, 2014

The third part in the continuing found footage V/H/S series, 'V/H/S Viral' had nothing to do with the VHS format, nor was it found footage. That said, I liked it better than the first two. It was a lot less shaky, and I was thankful for that. It was also a lot weirder. I think I need to go back and watch it again though. I was carving pumpkins while watching it (multi-tasking!) and may have missed a few pieces. It followed the usual format of short films tied together with a wrap around, only this time instead of some folks who watch some gnarly old tapes we just followed an ice cream truck that seemed to cause people to go crazy. The short films were pretty cool for the most part, we had a magician with a real magic cloak that required human sacrifices, skateboarders vs. an undead cult in a Mexican skate park, and some sort of portal that opened a door to a bizarre parallel universe. I liked it, and I would recommend it even without seeing the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment