Sunday, October 12, 2014

373. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

October 12, 2014

It had been a while since I've seen any of the X-Men movies. To me it felt like they were making the same movie over and over, so I'd more or less given up on them. This one was pretty good though. I was entertained, and that is good enough for me. I feel like I may have missed something that was possibly in one of the other movies though, because when it started I was totally lost. New characters with new powers in some future time with giant floating robots trying to kill them were swirling around my head as I tried to figure out what was going on. I eventually caught on, and here is how it went for me: Ellen Page had the power to send someone back in time, so she sent Wolverine back because he could heal himself better than more intelligent mutants. She sent him back to a time where he could stop Mystique from killing Peter Dinklage because that would be the turning point in a war between humans and mutants. Wolverine had to get young Professor X and young Magneto on board, which wasn't that difficult. Beast was there. They had a Quicksilver character who could basically stop time because he moved so fast. I thought that he should have been in it more. Eventually things worked out, which leads me to wonder if they just erased all of the other X-Men movies? Essentially, since they changed history, nothing that happened in the other movies actually happened now, right? I don't know, I'm a little confused by that part, but I still liked the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment