Tuesday, October 7, 2014

367. Little Monsters (1989)

October 7, 2014

I'm not really sure why 'Little Monsters' isn't considered a classic by more people. It is a really enjoyable movie. Sure, Howie Mandel is exhausting to say the least, but what a great idea for a kid's monster movie! Fred Savage's little brother (his real life brother, Ben Savage) finds a monster (Mandel) living under his bed and convinces Fred to sleep in his room. Fred meets the monster and the two quickly become friends, with Mandel leading Fred to a magical and monstrous land that exists under the beds of all children. Together they wreak havoc on many unsuspecting children, until the reality sets in and Fred figures out that some of the monsters are not so nice. I don't think I really paid much attention to this movie as a kid, but I've grown to love it over time and I definitely recommend it, especially if you're looking for a good, family-friendly monster movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment