Saturday, October 18, 2014

379. Nekromantik (1988)

October 18, 2014

I tried to watch Jorg Buttgereit's 'Nekromantik' when I was much too young to appreciate it and I didn't last long. I don't remember how I found a copy (probably got it at the library), but I remember being pretty disturbed. Now that I'm at least somewhat more mature, I can easily say that it is the most beautiful film about necrophilia I've ever seen. A man who works for a cadaver cleanup service brings home bits and pieces (and occasionally entire dead bodies) for him and his girlfriend to lovingly defile. When he loses his job, his girlfriend leaves him and he tries to find love elsewhere, but just can't make it with the living. Due to the subject matter, I won't recommend it to most people. It is a work of art, however. The gore effects and the taboos it portrays and especially the gorgeous score make this obscurity well worth your time. If you're not easily offended, absolutely check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment