Saturday, May 24, 2014

243. 976-EVIL (1988)

May 24, 2014

I don't know how many times I've seen 976-EVIL, but it is an awesome movie. Directed by Robert Englund and starring Stephen Geoffreys, it starts with a guy named Spike who finds an advertisement for an evil psychic hotline in a magazine and gives it a call. The calls start off pretty vague but end up turning evil as they go. Spike thinks it is a joke, but when his loner cousin, Hoax (Geoffreys), finds the number and starts calling it he gets supernatural powers that help him go after the people who've mistreated him and he ends up turning into some kind of a demon. I've always loved this movie. The sequel wasn't great, but the original was a lot of fun. My wife and I and some of our friends were lucky enough to go to dinner with Stephen Geoffreys once, and he was a really cool person!

No comments:

Post a Comment