Saturday, May 17, 2014

231. Neon Maniacs (1986)

May 17, 2014

I don't really know what it was about Neon Maniacs, but I loved it so much. I can't stop thinking about how awesome it was. The plot was silly and the acting wasn't great, but something about it really made an impression on me. The Neon Maniacs were the homicidal Village People of the monster community. A group of 12 subhumanoid monster-types each with very individual characteristics - one was a doctor, another was a biker, another was a neanderthal, and so on. By night they terrorized and mutilated the teens of San Francisco and by day they hibernated inside the Golden Gate Bridge. It was up to a monster-obsessed girl who dreamed of making horror movies to find a way to stop the maniacs. She figured out the way and considering where the maniacs lived it was a really silly way (they were deathly allergic to water but they lived under a bridge). Anyway, despite any short-comings the plot may have had, I genuinely loved this movie more than I can put down in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment