Thursday, May 8, 2014

218. Super Xuxa Versus Satan (1988)

May 8, 2014

I don't remember how I heard about Super Xuxa Versus Satan, but I do remember that it was pretty messed up. I'm not sure if it is any less bizarre if you are from Brazil where the film was made, but round these parts movies like this don't make all that much sense. Xuxa is the host of a children's show, and she has magical powers that stem from her innate proclivity for goodness. When an evil creature (maybe the devil, maybe a demon, maybe an eccentric vagrant?) and his two evil subjects that live underground become aware of the pure good that is Xuxa, they take offense and try to coax her to the dark side. Xuxa can't be swayed by conventional means, so the evil thing resorts to drastic measures and steals her dog, sending Xuxa on an extraordinary adventure to get her little pal back. Along the way she obtains a magical crystal with powers of light and happiness or something like that and she uses it in her efforts to defeat the bad guys. It was pretty weird, and I guess I did like it, but I don't know who I would ever recommend it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment