Sunday, September 28, 2014

358. Halloween The Curse of Michael Myers (The Producer's Cut) (1995)

September 28, 2014

I was pretty excited when Scream Factory announced a partnership with Anchor Bay to release all 10 Halloween films in one box set (as well as the previously unreleased producer's cut of 'Halloween The Curse of Michael Myers'). I was even more excited when it showed up on my doorstep. I was ecstatic when I popped in the blu-ray and watched the only Halloween film that had thus far eluded me. Unfortunately I have to admit I was disappointed by it. As convoluted and confusing as the theatrical release was, the producer's cut was almost even more. In comparison to the theatrical cut, the producer's cut has some longer scenes and the character Jamie doesn't actually die, as well as some other key differences. Overall, I'd recommend it to anyone who has seen all the other movies and wants to see something a little different. Nothing special though.

No comments:

Post a Comment